Symptoms of autism starts visible as early as, at the age of 12-16 months and develops into full intensity at the age of four; there are several things through which one can diagnose the symptoms of autism, such as:
- Unusual physical or body movement
- Different kind of eating habit
- Lack of interest and concentration
- Impairments in communication
- Repetitive behaviour
Some of the therapies that are helpful for children, suffering from autism are as follows:
- Weighted Therapy: Research shows that weighted therapy helps a lot to keep autistic children calm and relax, and basically help them to control their physical movement. Weighted therapy could be in the form of weighted toys, weighted blanket, weighted lap pads or weighted lap animals.
- Children Games:Providing therapy through children games, especially one designed for autism, is the best way to handle autistic children, as kids are attracted towards games so they learn fast and quickly through it, and it brings lot of change in their behaviour.
- Relaxation Resources: Several relaxation resource are available in market, inform of book, CD's and script, which could be easily used at home, school or in therapy room, to increase the concentration level in children and also it helps to make their behaviour stable and calm.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: Hyperbaric oxygen therapy uses a special chamber, sometimes called a pressure chamber, to increase the amount of oxygen in the blood for faster metabolism and it is also found that it also decreases neurological inflammation. Evidence based research has shown some improvement after autistic children undergoes some hours of exposure.
- Sensory Processing measure: This tool helps in determining the complete picture of children's sensory functioning at home, in school or in the community. Hence, it is advised to keep this tool kit handy with you, if you are related with autism treatment.