What is Biomedical Autism Treatment?
Biomedical autism treatment is the practice of treating the medical problems that can trigger autism and other disorders. Many children, teenagers and adults with an autism-spectrum disorder (ASD) have a true, underlying medical condition that includes genetic susceptibilities, detoxification imbalance, immune dysfunction, nutritional deficiencies, dietary sensitivities, biochemical abnormalities and more as causative factors in their ASD condition. A biomedical autism treatment approach comes from the awareness that ASD for many individuals is NOT just a psychological condition with no hope for improvement or recovery, like some say. It is, instead, a medical condition that has the potential to be reversed. Biomedical autism treatment for someone with an Autism-Spectrum Disorder works! It should be considered essential for any comprehensive program you are implementing to improve the health and quality of your child's (and your) life.
Basic Overview of Biomedical Autism Treatment:
* It is more than just a neuro-developmental disorder. Autism and other autism-spectrum disorders are truly a medical condition.
* It is the knowledge that the majority of autism-spectrum children (as well as teenagers and adults) are dealing with an underlying biological (aka. medical) disorder.
* Biomedicine can help children with attention-deficit (ADD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and other neuro-developmental problems even if they are not diagnosed with autism.
* Heavy metals, food sensitivities, nutritional deficiencies, chronic infections, immune dysfunction and genetic susceptibilities are at the core of their health problems. When these health issues are identified and treated many children's autism condition either improves or goes away.
* Biological problems involving the brain, immune, digestive, hormone and biochemical systems are at the root for many children on the autism-spectrum. The key is to recognize that autism is reversible for many children.
* Some of the biomedical autism treatments include dietary intervention such as the gluten and casein-free diet, vitamin and mineral therapy, detoxification treatment including the removal of heavy metal toxins, digestive support therapy including bacterial and yeast eradication, hyperbaric oxygen therapy for ongoing neurological inflammation and poor oxygen circulation and more.
* It is totally false that there is no hope for recovery - Autism Is Treatable. Many children have the potential to improve and in some their autism can be reversed. Biomedical autism treatment can also improve the effectiveness of other therapies such as speech, occupation therapy and Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA). Many parents see a dramatic improvement in their child's response with these "traditional" autism interventions once they begin biomedical intervention.
Don't let ANYONE tell you there is nothing you can do to help your child. Autism really is treatable! Start your child down the road to recovery from autism. Biomedical Autism treatments and therapies have resulted in many, many children improving - even losing their autism-spectrum disorder diagnosis. For more information and a free ebook on biomedical autism treatment go to http://www.AutismActionPlan.org
Dr. Kurt Woeller is an autism biomedical specialist, with a private practice in Southern California for over 10 years. He has helped children recover from autism, ADD, ADHD, and other disorders, and has the information you need to help your child. Get his ebook, "7 Facts You Need To Know About Autism (But Probably Weren't Told)." You can download it right now for free at http://www.AutismActionPlan.org
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dr._Kurt_Woeller